- Ph.D. (Nanotechnology) pursuing from Sharda University, Greater Noida (U.P.) January 2016 to present.
- M. Tech (Nano Science and Technology) from Sharda University, Greater Noida (U.P.) securing 7.93/10, 2011 - 2013.
- B. Tech (Electrical Engineering) from Narula Institute of Technology, affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology, securing 7.56/10, 2006 - 2010.
- CSIR-Senior Research Fellow at Sharda University from May 2018 to present.
- Junior Research Fellow in a DRDO project under Prof. Bhaskar Bhattacharya in Sharda University from December 2017 to April 2018.
- Teaching Assistant in School of Basic Sciences and Research, Sharda University for B.Tech Open Elective on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology from September to December 2017.
- Operations Manager at Medisys Health Private Limited from January 2016 to present.
- Teaching Assistant in School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University for B.Tech Open Elective lectures on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology from August to December 2015.
- Teaching Assistant in School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University for B.Tech Physics Laboratory Practical classes from January to May 2015 (one semester).
- Junior Research Fellow in a DRDO project under Prof. R. M. Mehra in Sharda University from December 2013 to November 2015.
- Teaching Assistant in School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University, Greater Noida from August 2011 to January 2012.
- Tutor at Jain Tutorials, Howrah, West Bengal from August 2010 to July 2011
- Chemical synthesis of various nanomaterials, including chalcogenide quantum dots (QD).
- Synthesis of solid polymer electrolytes and their conductivity studies.
- Fabrication of dye sensitized solar cells (DSSC) and QD sensitized solar cells (QDSSC).
- Used various characterization tools CH electrochemical workstation, Keithley source meter, UV-Vis absorption, SEM, TEM and XRD.
- Synthesis of graphene oxide via various chemical routes.
- Fabrication of graphene oxide based ionic polymer metal composite (IPMC) actuator.
Fabrication and characterization of dye sensitized solar cell using natural dyes, Charu Pathak, Karan Surana, Vivek Kumar Shukla, Pramod K. Singh, Accepted in Materials Today: Proceedings.
Utilizing reduced Graphene Oxide for achieving better efficient dye sensitized solar cells, Karan Surana, Subhrajit Konwar, Pramod K Singh, B. Bhattacharya, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 788 (2019) 672-676.
Studies on polarization effect of polyethylene-based polymer electrolyte in dye and quantum dot sensitized solar cells, Karan Surana, Nitin A. Jadhav, Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya, Applied Nanoscience, 8 (2018) 2065-2069.
- Electrical, thermal, and dielectric studies of ionic liquid-based polymer electrolyte for photoelectrochemical device, Pawan S. Dhapola, Pramod K. Singh, B Bhattacharya, Karan Surana, R. M. Mehra, Meenal Gupta, Abhimanyu Singh, Vijay Singh, Nanda G. Sahoo, High Performance Polymers, 30 (2018) 1002-1008.
- A simple synthesis route of low temperature CdSe-CdS core-shell quantum dots and its application in solar cell, Karan Surana, Ibrahim T. Salisu, R.M. Mehra, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Optical Materials, 82 (2018) 135-140.
- Quantum Dot Solar Cells with size tuned CdSe QDs exhibiting 1.51V, Karan Surana, R. M. Mehra, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Materials Today: Proceedings, 5 (2018) 9108-9113.
- A comprehensive study of chalcogenide Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells with a new solar cell exceeding 1V output, Karan Surana, R. M. Mehra, B. Bhattacharya, Hee-Woo Rhee, Anji Reddy Polu, Pramod K. Singh, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 52 (2015) 1083 – 1092.
- Synthesis of graphene oxide coated Nafion membrane for actuator application, Karan Surana, Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya, C. S. Verma, R. M. Mehra, Ceramics International, 41 (2015) 5093 – 5099.
- Synthesis, Characterization and application of CdSe quantum dots, Karan Surana, Pramod K Singh, Hee-Woo Rhee, B. Bhattacharya, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20 (2014) 4188 – 4193.
- New polymer electrolyte for electrochemical application, Manjeet Singh, Vivek K. Singh, Karan Surana, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K. Singh, Hee-Woo Rhee, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 19 (2013) 819 – 822.
- One of the research papers amongst the top 25 - http://top25.sciencedirect.com/subject/chemical-engineering/5/journal/journal-of-industrial-and-engineering-chemistry/1226086X/archive/57/
- A paper presented in National Conference on Nano devices – April 2015 in Hindustan College of Science & Technology on ‘Ionic Polymer blend metal composite Actuator based on graphene’ and received Second Best Paper Award.
- A paper presented in Solar Asia – 2015 in Savitribai Phule Pune University on ‘Cadmium Selenide Quantum Dot Solar Cells exceeding open circuit voltage of 1V’ and received Best Oral Presentation Award
Conferences Attended / Organised:
- National Conference on Futuristic materials – September 2011 in Sharda University.
- Indo – Japan Conference on Frontier Nanomaterials for energy – January 2012 in Sharda University.
- National Conference on Semiconducting Materials and Nano Devices – September 2012 in Sharda University.
- International Conference on Solar Energy Photovoltaic – December 2012 in KIIT University.
- Science Academies Lecture workshop on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology – March 2013 in Jamia Milia Islamia.
- International Conference on Science & Engineering of Materials – January 2014 in Sharda University.
- National Conference on Science & Engineering (NCSE) – July 2014 in JK Lakshmipat University.
- National Conference on Nano devices – April 2015 in Hindustan College of Science & Technology.
- International Conference on Science & Engineering of Materials (ICSEM-2018) – January 2018 in Sharda University.
- National Conference on Materials and Devices (NCMD-2018) – August 2018 in Sharda University.