Research Experience: 20yrs
Ph.D. awarded students: One
Title of the Ph.D. Thesis of the student: Studies on ion conducting polymer composite for electrochemical devices
Students working for Ph.D.: Seven
1. - Polymer Electrolytes
- Solid Polymer Electrolytes
- Polymer Composite Electrolytes
2. Dye sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC) using polymer electrolytes
3. Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells (QDSSC)
4. Ion Beam Irradiation effects on Polymer Electrolytes
•Controller of Examination, Sharda University
•Dean, School of Engineering, (2009-2011)
•Chief Warden Sharda University.
•Dean Academics, HCST, Mathura
•Officiated as Principal, HCST, Mathura
•Officiated as Registrar, HCST, Mathura
•Head, Department of Applied Sciences and Coordinator of Ist year (June 2006 –Oct 2007)
•Controller of Examination, HCST (Nov. 2003 – June 2006)
•Chief Warden, HCST (Nov. 2003 – Oct. 2004)
•Worked as Center Superintendent for various examinations including UPTU, Agra Univ, Purvanchal Univ, UPSEE, CPMT etc.
•Worked as coordinator in Central Evaluation of UPTU and Observer and Flying Squad in UPSEE examinations.
Prof. Jung-ki Park
Korea Advanced Institute of science and Technology,
Republic of Korea.
Prof. Hee-Woo Rhee
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering,
Seoul, Republic of Korea
Prof. Woonsup Shin
Department of Chemistry and Interdisciplinary Program of Integrated Biotechnology,
Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Dr. R. K. Nagarale
Indian Institute of Technology
•National Workshop on Spectroscopic Techniques (as Convener)
•National Workshop on Polymeric Sensors (as co-convener)
•National Conference on Progress in Photovoltaics, (As Secretary)
•National Workshop on Emerging Trends in CS & IT, (As Convener)
•National Workshop on Recent Trends in Exotic Materials (as Convener)
•National Conference on Experimental Tools for Material Science Research: State of Art (As Organizing committee member)
•Indo-Japan Conference on Frontier nanomaterials for Energy (FNE-2012) (As Secretary)
•International Conference on Solar Energy photovoltaics (ICSEP-12) (As Member of National Advisory Committee)
•International Conference on Science & Enginerring of Materials (ICSEM - 2014) (as Convenor)
International = 18
National = 25
•Young Teachers Career Award (AICTE, New Delhi, India) 2000.
•Certificate of Merit for Research Contributions, Physics Department, B.H.U., India, 1998.
•Young Scientist Award for Best Paper Presentation by ISSIS at NERIST, Itanagar, India, 1998.
•Best Poster award in International Conference on Solid State Ionics held at Singapore, 1995
Memberships of professional bodies:
•Life Member - Indian Physics Association, BARC, Mumbai.
•Life Member - Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi.
•Life Member - Indian Solid State Ionics Society, Varanasi.
•Life Member - Indian Society for Radiation and Photochemical Sciences, BARC, Mumbai.
•Active Member - Society for Advancement of Electrochemical Science and Technology, Karaikudi.
•International advisory committee- High Performance Polymers Journal
•Advisory board member- Invertis Journal of Renewable Energy
Referee for the International Journals:
- Physica Status Solidi (b)
- Electrochemistry Communications
- Polymer Engineering and Science
- Journal of composites and Thermoplastics
- Electrochimica Acta
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physic
- Journal of Applied Polymer Science
- High performance polymer
Member of Advisory board for the International Journals:
- High Performance Polymer
- Invertis Journal of Renewable energy
- Journal of Scientific and Technical Research
Invited talk/Resource person/Section chaired:
•Attended and worked as “Resource person” in International training Workshop on “Solid State Ionics” Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (Nov. 1998).
•Delivered Invited Lecture at ADRDE, Agra on National Technology Day 2007
•Delivered Invited Lecture in National Conference on Renewable energy Sources held at Sagar University, Sagar, India, 2007
•Chaired a session in the KAIST-UCSB student symposium at KAIST, South Korea ( July, 2008)
•Chaired Technical Session in National Conference on Renewable energy Sources held at Sagar University, Sagar, India, 2007
•Chaired Technical Session in National Conference on materials and devices held at Amity University, Noida, India, 2010
•Delivered Invited Lecture in National Conference on Experimental Tools for Material Science Research: State of Art held at Banaras Hindu University, Mahila Mahavidyalaya Varanasi, India, 2010
•Delivered Invited Lecture in National Conference on Recent Trends in Materials and devices, held at Amity University, Noida, India -2011.
•Delivered Invited Lecture in National Conference on Recent Trends in Materials and devices, held at ITM University, Gwalior, India -2012
•Delivered Invited Lecture in International Conference on Recent Trends in Materials and devices, held at Sri Lanka, India -2012
•Delivered Invited Lecture in ICSEP-12, held at KIIT Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India -2012
•Delivered Invited Lecture in NCSE - 2014, held at JKLU, Jaipur, India - 2014
Disclamer: Website best viewed in Chrome browser
Prof. Bhaskar Bhattacharya received his master degree in Physics in the year 1991 and Ph.D in the year 1998 from Banaras Hindu University Varanasi. He was awarded Young Teachers Carrier Award by AICTE in the year 2000 and Certificate of Merit for his research contribution in the years 1998 by Physics Department BHU. Young Scientist award and Best Poster Award for his research papers in international conference on solid state ionics. A life member of Indian Physics Association and Indian Solid State Ionic Society, Indian Society for Technical Education. Prof. Bhattacharya is a potential referee for many international journals. And also member of advisory bord of High Performance Polymer. His areas of research interest are Polymer Electrolytes, Solid Polymer Electrolytes, Polymer Composite Electrolytes, Dye sensitized solar cell (DSSC) using polymer electrolytes, Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar cells and Ion Beam Irradiation effects on Polymer Electrolytes. Has published more than 30 papers in journals of high repute. He had also worked as research professor in KAIST South Korea. He has teaching experience of more than 17 year and research. Formerly he was the Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University and presently working as Controller of Examination of the University.
Prof. Bhaskar Bhattacharya
Professor & Dean, School of Basic Sciences & Research, Sharda University
Teaching Experience: (16 years)
July 2009 to Continuing - Professor,School of Engineering and Technology
Sharda University, Greater Noida
G.B. Nagar, Uttar Pradesh.
Nov 2007 to June 2009 - Research Professor
(on leave from HCST) Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology
(KAIST), Daejeon, South Korea
Nov. 2003 to July 2009 - Associate Professor
Hindustan College of Science & Technology
NH # 2, Farah, Mathura – 281 122, U.P. (INDIA)
Oct. 1998 to Oct. 2003 - Lecturer in Physics
Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology
Baghpat Road, Bypass Crossing,
Meerut – 252 002, U.P. (INDIA)
July 1994 to Sept. 1998 - Department of Physics
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
1996 to 1998 - Senior Research Fellow, CSIR, New Delhi
1991 to 1994 - Junior Research Fellow, DST, New Delhi
Publications in Refereed Journal:
In year 1995
1. Hydrogen Ion Transport Studies in PEO:NH4HSO4 Polymer Electrolyte
K.K. Maurya, B. Bhattacharya and S. Chandra
Phys. Stat. Sol (a) 147 (1995) 347.
In year 1996
2. Photoelectrochemical Studies of An Ion Conducting Polymer (PEO)/ Semiconductor (Si) Junction
B. Bhattacharya, H.M. Upadhyaya and S. Chandra
Solid State Commun 98 (1996) 633.
3. Photoresponse of Silicon-Polymer Electrolyte (PEO:NH4X and PEO:Nax) Junction
B. Bhattacharya and S. Chandra
Solid State Ionics: New Developments, eds. B.V.R. Chowdari et al., (World Scientific, Singapore, 1996) pp. 417.
In year 1998
4. Semiconductor Dispersed Polymer Electrolyte Composites
B.Bhattacharya, A. Chandra, N.Srivastava and S.Chandra
Solid State Ionics: Science & Tcchnology, eds. B.V.R.Chowari et al, (World Scientific, Singapore, 1998) pp. 189-193.
In year 1999
5. Resonant Electron Tunneling in Single Quantum Well Hetrostructure Junction of Electrodeposited Metal Semiconductor Nanostructures Using Nuclear Track Filters
A.Biswas, D.K.Avasthi, B.K.Singh, S.Lotha, J.P.Singh, D.Fink, B.K.Yadav, B.Bhattacharya, S.K.Bose
NIM B 151 (1999) 84.
In year 2001
6. Mixed Anion Effect in Ion Conducting Polymer Electrolytes
B.Bhattacharya and A. Chandra
Phys. Stat. Solidi (b) 225 (2001) 179.
In year 2003
7. A comparative study of nano CdS prepared in methanolic solution and polymeric matrix
Pawan Kumar, T.P.Singh, B. Bhattacharya, Sanjeev Kumar, Presented in the National Conference on Lasers & Spectroscopy, 2003, Meerut College, Meerut
In year 2004
8. Studies on a Semiconductor dispersed (CdS : alum) crystal-crystal composites
Pawan Kumar, T.P.Singh, S.K. Tomar, B. Bhattacharya Presented in the 6th national conference on solid state ionics, 2004 at Jadavpur University, Kolkata
9. Photoelectrochemical response of CdS/ polymer electrolyte junction
S.K. Tomar and B. Bhattacharya
Presented in the 6th national conference on solid state ionics, 2004 at Jadavpur University, Kolkata
10. Photoelectrochemical studies of semiconductor/ polymer electrolyte junction
S.K. Tomar and B. Bhattacharya
Presented in the international conference on electroactive polymers, 2004, Dalhousie India
In year 2005
11. Hydrogenation and annealing studies on swift (~100 MeV) heavy Ion (Au7+) irradiated pd/p-Si devices
S.P. Pandey, P.C. Srivastava, K. Ashokan and B. Bhattacharya
Presented in Indo German workshop on synthesis and modification of nano structured materials by energetic ion beams, Nuclear Science Centre, India, 2005.
12. Variation of band gap in CdPbS with composition prepared by a precipitation technique
S. Kumar and B. Bhattacharya
Ind. J. of Pure and Applied Physics 43 (2005) 609.
13. Electrical properties of CdS dispersed ammonium alum composite solid electrolyte
K. Devlal, U.C. Johri, N. Srivastava and B. Bhattacharya
Ind. J. Physics 79 (2005) 1275.
In year 2007
15. A nanoporous TiO2 electrode and new ionic liquid doped solid polymer electrolyte for dye sensitized solar cell application
B. Bhattacharya, S. K. Tomar and J.-Ki Park
Nanotechnology, 18 (2007) 485711
In year 2008
16. Poly(ethylene oxide)/Poly(dimethylsiloxane) Blend Solid Polymer Electrolyte and Its Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell Applications
J.Y. Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, D.W. Kim and J.-Ki Park
J. Phys. Chem. C, 112 (2008) 12576
17. Conductivity modulation of PEO based polymer and composite electrolytes due to Li3+ ion bombardment
A. Saxena, D. Singh, S.P. Pandey, S.K. Tomar, K. Asokan, D. Kanjilal, R. Kumar and B. Bhattacharya
Proceedings – ICEP 2008, 3 (2008) 363 – 371.
In year 2009
18. Polymer Assisted Assembling Of the Semiconductor Particles: Structural and Electrical Studies
Bhaskar Bhattacharya, J.Y. Lee and J.-Ki Park
Applied Surface Science 256 (2009) 499-502
19. Effect of Cation Size on Solid Polymer Electrolyte Based Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
Bhaskar Bhattacharya, J.Y. Lee, J. Geng, H.T. Jung and J.-Ki Park
Langmuir, 25 (2009) 3276
20. Self degradation of polymer electrolyte based dye-sensitized solar cells and their remedy
J.Y. Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Y.H. Kim, H.T. Jung, J.-Ki Park
Solid State Communications, 149 (2009) 307
21. Ageing and temperature-dependent behaviour of CdS nanoparticles
Bhaskar Bhattacharya, S.K. Tomar, A. Saxena, J.Y. Lee, and J.-Ki Park
Phys. Status Solidi B, 246 (2009) 832
22. Ion- Beam Modification of Peo Based Polymer Electrolytes
D. Singh, A. Saxena, S.P. Pandey, S.K. Tomar, K. Asokan, D. Kanjilal, R. Kumar, Bhaskar Bhattacharya
Macromol. Symp., 277 (2009) 8
23. Hydrogenation and annealing studies on swift heavy ion (Au7+) irradiated Pd/p-Si devices
S. P. Pandey, B. Bhattacharya, U.P. Singh, K. Asokan
Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 11 (2009) 186
24. Separator grafted with siloxane by electron beam irradiation for lithium secondary batteries
J.Y. Lee, Y.M. Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Y.C. Nho, J.-Ki Park
Electrochimica Acta 54 (2009) 4312
25. New separator prepared by electron beam irradiation for high voltage lithium secondary batteries
J.Y. Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Y.C. Nho and J.-Ki Park
NIM-B, 267, (2009) 2390
In Year 2010
26. Synthesis, characterization and application of biopolymer-ionic liquid composite material
Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya, R. K. Nagarale, K.-W. Kim and H.-W Rhee
Synthetic Metals 160 (2010) 139-142.
27. Effect of sodium-mixed anion doping in PEO-based polymer electrolytes.
B. Bhattacharya, R. K. Nagarale and Pramod K. Singh
High Performance Polymers 22 (2010) 498–512.
28. Ionic liquid doped Poly (N-methyl 4-vinylpyridine iodide) Solid Polymer Electrolyte for Dye sensitized solar cell.
Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya, R. K. Nagarale, S P Pandey, K. W Kim and H.-W. Rhee
Synthetic Metals 160 (2010) 950-954.
29. Application of Ionic Liquid Doped Solid Polymer Electrolyte
Pramod K. Singh, Nitin A Jadhav, S. K. Mishra, U. P. Singh and B. Bhattacharya
Ionics 16(2010) 645-648.
30. Effect of nano TiO2 dispersion on PEO polymer electrolyte property
Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya and R.K. Nagarale
Journal of Applied Polymer Science 118 (2010) 2976-2980.
In Year 2011
31. Plasticizer doped ionic liquid incorporated solid polymer electrolytes for photovoltaic application
Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya, R.M. Mehra and Hee-Woo Rhee
Current Applied Physics 11 (2011) 616
32. PEO-Based Polymer Electrolytes: A Novel Material for Dye sensitized solar cell
Pramod K. Singh, S. K. Tomar and Bhaskar Bhattacharya
Invertis Journal of Science & Technology 1 (2011) 91-102
33. Study of Nano CdS Prepared in Methanolic Solution and Polymer Electrolyte Matrix
Pawan Kumar, Pramod K. Singh and Bhaskar Bhattacharya
Ionics 17 (2011) 721-725. (SCI, Impact Factor 1.04 )
34. Synthesis and Electrochemical Study of Functional Ionic Polymer
R. K. Nagarale, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Nitin A. Jadhav and Pramod K. Singh
Macromol. Chem.Phys 212 (2011) 1751-1757
35. Present status of solid state photoelectrochemical solar cell and dye sensitized solar cell using PEO-based polymer electrolytes (Review Article)
Pramod K. Singh, R. K. Nagarale, S. P. Pandey, H W Rhee and B. Bhattacharya
Advances in Natural Sciences:Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 2 (2011) 023002-15
36. PbS-Nanoparticles Embedded in Polymer Matrix: Preparation and Characterization
Pramod K. Singh, S.K. Tomar, B. Bhattacharya
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 1 (2011) 36-39.
37. Effect of capping agent on controlling the particle size of cadmium sulfide
G. S. Sehrawat, N. A. Jadhav, Pramod K. Singh, and B. Bhattacharya
J. Sci. & Tech. Res. 1 (2011) 60-63.
In Year 2012
38. Preparation, characterization and application of Nano CdS doped with Alum composite electrolyte
Pramod K. Singh, Pawan Kumar,T. Seth, Hee-Woo Rhee and B. Bhattacharya
Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 73 (2012) 1159–1163
39. Porous nanocrystalline TiO2 electrode and poly (N-methyl 4-vinylpyridine iodide) – ionic liquid solid polymer electrolyte for device application.
B. Bhattacharya, S. K. Tomar, S. P. Pandey, R. K. Nagarale and Pramod K. Singh
Int. J. Nanotechnol, 9 (2012) 1030-1039.
In Year 2013
40. Novel Biopolymer Gel Electrolyte for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell Application
Rahul Singh, N.A. Jadhav, S.Majmuder, B.Bhattacharya and Pramod K. Singh
Carbohydrate Polymers 91(2013) 682-685
41. A New Composite Polymer Electrolyte for Electrochemical Applications
Manjeet Singh,Vivek Kr. Singh, Karan Surana, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K. Singh and Hee Woo Rhee
Journal of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry 19 (2013) 819-822
42. Effect of PMMA dispersion in Polyethylene oxide complexed with NH4ClO4 polymer electrolyte
Pramod K. Singh and B. Bhattacharya
Optoelectronics & Advanced Materials – Rapid Communications 7, 1-2, January - February 2013, 157 - 160.
43. Detection of Banana bunchy top virus using impedance spectroscopy
Shahana Majumder, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K Singh, S. Johari
Sensor Letters, 11 (2013) 2055-2059
44. Synthesis, characterization and sensing application of a solid alum/flyash composite electrolyte
Amit Sachdeva, Roja Singh, Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya
Materiali in tehnologije 47 (2013) 468-471
45. Structural, optical and electrical studies on Si-doped polymer electrolyte composite
Amit Saxena, Pramod K. Singh, B. Bhattacharya
Materiali in tehnologije 47 (2013) 799-802
46. Poly(vinyl alcohol) doped with Ammonium Iodide solid polymer electrolyte: Preparation, characterization and application
Vivek K. Singh, A. Annu , U.pasana Singh, Prabhakar Singh, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K. Singh
Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 9-10 (2013)927-931
47. Electrostatic model of semiconductor model of semiconductor nano-particles trapped in polymer electrolytes.
Divya Singh, Nitin A. Jadhav and Pramod K. Singh and B. Bhattacharya
Bulletin of Material Science 36 (2013) 977-980
In Year 2014
48. Structural and electrical studies of Fullerene (C60) dispersed polymer electrolyte
Amit Saxena, Pramod Kumar Singh and B. Bhattacharya
Materiali in tehnologije, 48 (2014) 485–490
49. Detail electrical investigation on Sago Starch biopolymer solid electrolyte
Rahul Singh, Jaya Baghel, S. Shukla, B.Bhattacharya and Pramod K. Singh
Phase Transitions. 87, 12, 2014 1237-1245.
50. New PVP doped NH4I solid polymer electrolyte for dye sensitized solar cell
Vivek K Singh, B.Bhattacharya, S. Shukla and Pramod K. Singh
Materiali in Tehnologije 49 (2015) 1, 123–127
51. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of CdSe quantum dots
Karan Surana, Pramod K Singh, Hee Woo Rhee and B. Bhattacharya
Journal of Engineering & Industrial Chemistry 20 (2014) 4188-4193
52. Electrochemical Synthesis of Graphene Oxide and Its Application as Counter Electrode in Dye sensitized solar cell
Hee Woo Rhee, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K Singh and Upasana Singh
Journal of Renewable & Sustainable Energy, 6 (2014) 013125-013133
53. Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Doped Ion Conducting Polymer Electrolyte for Electrochemical Application
Hima Saxena, B. Bhattacharya, N A. Jadhav, S. Shukla, M. Dubey, Vivek Kr. Singh and Pramod K. Singh
J. of Exp. Nanoscience, 9 (2014) 444-451.
54. Synthesis of Lead Sulphide Nanoparticles for Electrode Application of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells
Roja Singh, S. K. Tomar, P. Shukla, S.P. Pandey and B.Bhattacharya and Pramod K Singh
Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Lett. 6, 31-36 (2014) 31-36
55. Effect of Structure Texture and Morphology Modulation on Efficiency of Dye sensitized Solar Cells
N. A. Jadhav, Pramod K. Singh, Hee Woo Rhee, S. P. Pandey and B.Bhattacharya
Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 9 (2014) 5377 - 5388
56. Effect of variation of average pore size and specific surface area of ZnO Electrode (WE) on Efficiency of Dye sensitized Solar Cells
N. A. Jadhav, Pramod K. Singh, Hee Woo Rhee, and B.Bhattacharya
Nanoscale Research Letters 2014, 9:575
57. Surface treatment properties of CdS quantum dot-sensitized solar cells
Abdul Razzaq, Jun Young Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Jung-Ki Park
Appl Nanosci 4 (2014) 745–752
In Year 2015
58. Dye-sensitized solar cell comprising polyethyl methacrylate doped with ammonium iodide solid polymer electrolyte
Vivek Kr Singh, B.Bhattacharya, S. Shukla and Pramod K. Singh
Applied Physics: A, (2015) 118:877–883
59.Synthesis of graphene oxide coated Nafion membrane for actuator application
K. Surana, B. Bhattacharya, Pramod K. Singh, C. S. Verma, R. M. Mehra
Ceramics International, 41 (2015) 5093–5099.
60. Nanoporous TiO2 and ZnO Photoelectrodes: A Comparative Photovoltaic Performance Study
Nitin A. Jadhav, S. K. Tomar, Pramod K Singh, B. Bhattacharya
International Journal of Electroactive Materials, 3 (2015) 1-5
61. Band Gap Tailoring of Ni Doped Ternary Semiconductors For Photovoltaic Applications
Mitali Sahu, Pramod K Singh, S. P. Pandey, B. Bhattacharya
Macromolecular Symposia, 347, 1, 68–74, 2015
62. A comprehensive study of chalcogenide Quantum Dot Sensitized Solar Cells with a new solar cell exceeding 1V output
Karan Surana, R. M. Mehra, B. Bhattacharya, Hee-WooRhee, Anji Reddy Polu and Pramod K. Singh
Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 52 (2015) 1083 – 1092.
63. New PVP doped NH4I solid polymer electrolyte for dye sensitized solar cell
Vivek K Singh, B.Bhattacharya, S. Shukla, Pramod K. Singh
Materiali in Tehnologije 49 (2015) 123-127.
1. Chapter topic “Present scenario of solid state photoelectrochemical solar cell and dye sensitized solar cell using PEO-based polymer electrolytes” Nova Science Publishers, Inc., USA (2011) https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=17538
1. Jung-Ki Park, J. Y.Lee, Bhaskar Bhattacharya, Joon-Yong Sohn, Young-Chang Nho
“Graft mesoporous separator with anion recepting compounds containing boron, method for preparation of grafted mesoporous separator with anion compounds containing and lithium secondary batteries using the same”, KR 2008-0088888
2. Park Jung-Ki, Lee Jun Young, Bhakar Bhattacharya, Ryou Myeong Hyeon Han Y.-Dal, Lee Jae Nam, Nho Young Chang and Sun Jun-Young
“Graft mesoporous separator with anion recepting compounds, a method for preparation thereof and lithium secondary batteries using the same”, 10-1013534
R&D Projects undertaken: